Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Amazon Can't Combine Gift Certs and Gifts

For some reason, Amazon just won't let you add a paper gift certificate along with some products in the same order. It's ridiculous. Is it not a common gift giving solution to purchase an item or more and to embellish it with a gift certificate?

Apparently, gift certs are an entire different animal, treated by a different system. Funny, because Amazon does a good job of grouping Amazon and non-Amazon products into cart. Yet, if you've already Added some items to Cart, and then choose to purchase a Gift Certificate, it ignores the Cart items, regardless of whether you seek to send an electronic gift cert or a paper cert.

I like sending paper certs. I would like to send one along with some books, or kitchen products. But in this present day of 2007, it can't happen at Amazon. I ran into this problem 3 years ago after my pal Eric married Jodi. I tolerated it because I figured, okay, still working out some issues... but now it's almost 2008. Time for Amazon to indulge this 'niche' gift idea.

No comments: